Terms and Conditions
Thank you for choosing a Do Sol villa in beautiful Central Portugal.
Your booking contract is with Theresa Rennie. Theresa will be happy to answer any questions you might have both before and after booking.
These booking Conditions form the basis of your contract with us when booking directly with us, so please read them carefully. Nothing in these booking conditions affects your normal Statutory Rights. Bookings made through third party agencies will be subject to the terms and conditions of the particular agent used.
Making your booking
You are welcome to contact Theresa direct by phone or email – details on the Contact page.
Confirmation & deposit
Once you have connected with Theresa and learned the total cost of your holiday you will be informed of the property booking deposit required to be paid within one week from the acceptance of your booking (Casa do Sol €150 or £150 | Castelo do Sol €250 or £250). Provisional bookings are not guaranteed or confirmed until accepted and expressly confirmed by us. Furthermore, we also reserve the right to cancel the booking. If your provisional booking is not confirmed you will also receive an email informing you that it has been declined.
Balance of payment
We request payment is made in full at least 28 days prior to stay. Failure to make full payment may result in cancellation of the booking and retention of the booking deposit.
- At the time of balance of payment, a security deposit equal to the Booking deposit is required.
- The security deposit will be returned (subject to the owner’s inspection of the property) within 14 days of the property being vacated and the keys returned.
- We are not interested in charging for every broken glass, chipped cup, etc. so just relax and enjoy your holiday.
- We would apply a charge in the case of irresponsible damages, damages caused by misuse, cigarette burns, unreasonable state of the cooking facilities (Not every day use but spillages, etc. that make the ovens and other equipment unpleasant/unuseable for the next guest), damage to the swimming pool and exterior structures and fittings, etc.
If the booking is made then cancelled at least 29 days before your stay, the deposit (and any sums paid) will be returned in full within 14 days.
If the booking is made then cancelled on or within 29 days of your stay, a cancellation charge equivalent to the property booking deposit will be charged.
Whilst we do not envisage having to do so except in extreme circumstances (such as damage to the property, failure of electrical, water or sewage services, etc.) we reserve the right to cancel your booking. In such cases we will do our best to make alternative similar arrangements, or return all payments in full.
Your booking may be paid via your Paypal account or by Card to our Paypal account.
Arrival & Departure
The Villa will be cleaned and ready for you to enter by 16:00 on the day of arrival.
On the day of Departure, please vacate by 10:00 in order that the villa can be made ready for the next guests.
Do Sol properties are carefully maintained and subject to regular re-investment to ensure you have a comfortable, pleasant stay in the gem that is central Portugal.
We ask therefore that you treat the properties with respect and generally abide by the requirements below and agree to:
- Keep the property, fittings, furnishings, kitchen equipment, crockery and glasses clean and in good condition;
- Not to cause damage to any of the wall, doors or windows;
- Not Smoking or Vaping anywhere within the house;
- Not to cause nuisance or annoyance to the lovely Portuguese neighbours we have;
- Not to have more than the designated persons staying at the property;
- Accept liability for any damage caused by children (or adults) in the property, bed wetting, drawing on walls, stained furniture, broken fittings, etc.;
- Take care when using the BBQ and be aware of the potential to cause a fire;
- Turn off water taps when not in use, you are very welcome to water the gardens but please make sure the hose is turned off after use;
- Turn off electrical lights when not in use for prolonged periods;
- Optimise your use of the air conditioning. Do Sol properties have air conditioning in all the main rooms for you comfort and we ask that you use it responsibility in order to keep the costs down, Please close windows and doors when the air conditioning is in use and turn it off when rooms are vacated for prolonged periods;
- Take all necessary steps to safeguard your personnel property. No liability is accepted by us with respect to loss or damage to your persons or property howsoever caused;
- Take care in the swimming pools;
- Not use fake tan in the swimming pools as it stains the linings;
- Supervise Children at all times;
- MOST IMPORTANTLY, LOOK AFTER YOUR KIDS NEAR THE POOLS;
- Allow our representative to enter the property during your stay for the purpose of essential repairs.
Our maximum liability as a result of acting in breach of this contract is strictly limited to the equivalent of the rental value, less reasonable costs. We will not accept liability in cases of injury or death caused by irresponsible activity on the behalf of the customer or third party persons. This does not include or limit in any way our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentations, or for any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude, or attempt to exclude. The limit of liability will be in accordance with our insurance at the time.
This contract is governed by the Law of Portugal. Any disputes we will attempt to resolve amicably and privately. If this is not possible, then representation will be made according to the Courts in Portugal.